ICT System Manager
PURPOSE OF THE FUNCTION
Together with the ICT support team, the Senior System Manager is responsible for the continuity and the future development of the ICT infrastructure. In this role, the Senior System Manager is providing system management, controls the environment and works out future plans and implements them to support Cygnific. The Senior System Manager delivers second and third line ICT support to ICT colleagues and other departments.
Operations system management
- Install, maintain and trouble-shoot a wide variety of ICT hardware.
- Install, maintain and support business users running a wide variety of ICT Software and Operating Systems and back office products.
- Implement, test and maintain fallback scenarios.
- Implement, test and maintain back-up procedures.
- Create, implement and maintain procedures on the whole ICT backoffice infrastructure including virtualization technology.
- Work with internal customers providing hands-on technical support:
- Responsible for setting up management procedures and documentation.
- Capacity management.
- Configuration management.
- Pro-actively monitor trends in performance of operational components and systems.
- Actively propose changes to our current ICT infrastructure which support Cygnific’s future vision.
- Make sure changed and new procedures are communicated to relevant stakeholders (ICT colleagues and other departments).
- Keep documentation on operational procedures and systems up-to-date and distribute/make them available to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that all systems related requested changes are completed on time.
- Maintain all Cygnific systems documentation affected by changes and ensure all stakeholders are informed.
- Coach and mentor Support Officers in their daily work.
Deliver 2nd and 3rd line support on troubleshooting incidents.
If necessary, participate as a project member in ICT related projects.
- Analyse the malfunction in process or procedure and determine the cause.
- Propose improvements in processes and procedures for efficiency.
- Make sure changes and improvements are communicated to all parties involved.
- Safeguard changes and improvements are embedded in business as usual.
- Follow developments in own area of expertise and look for ways how to implement in own processes, procedures and/or policies.
- Participate in a constructive manner in improvement sessions/activities/projects.
- Polytechnic think and work level (HBO).
- 5 years of experience in working as a System Manager.
- Understanding of working on an ICT department in a commercial and service oriented 24/7 environment.
- Sound knowledge of, and experience in VMWare, vSphere, ESXi, storage management (SAN), HP blade infrastructure and Windows management (preferably Microsoft certified).
- Knowledge and experience with Azure, Microsoft365, Intune.
- Great scripting and powershell skills (VB script).
- A good working knowledge of current (commodity) ICT applications and systems.
- Knowledge of monitoring and system management tools.
- Excellent Exchange knowledge.
- Elementary knowledge on networking routers/switches.
- Good knowledge of English and Dutch (written and spoken).
- Analysis & problem solving
- Actively seeking information from diverse sources, analysing it in a way that central and side issues are unravelled and achieving pragmatic solutions to problems.
- Planning & Organising
- Clearly defining objectives, establishing clear priorities, scheduling activities to ensure optimum use of time and resources.
- Cooperating and working well with others in the pursuit of goals.
- Easily adapting to new and changing demands and circumstances and ways of working. Being open to change and willing to align.
- Communication skills
- Communicating written and/or verbally in a clear, fluent, concise manner understood by others.
- Seizing opportunities and acting upon them in a proactive and self starting way.
- Drive & execution
- Being enthusiastic and committed in getting a result, ensuring that important goals are achieved.
- Influencing attitudes and opinions of others and gaining agreement to proposals, plans and ideas.