Business Controller Finance & Control
The Business Controller Finance & Control works closely with the Director Finance & Control and Business Planning & Analysis, the Manager Financial Reporting & Accounting, and the Manager Reporting & Financial Performance in ensuring reliable and timely financial reporting, providing insight in the overall financial and operational performance of Cygnific. The Business Controller Finance & Control acts as back-up for the financial accounting, financial reporting and management accounting processes. Furthermore, the business controller finance & control provides supports in matters related to the Cygnific Control Framework.
As a Business Controller Finance & Controller you will have the following responsibilities
1. Budgeting, forecasting planning and control
Based on insights and analyses from the financial reporting and the managerial input of the different departments, prepare, implement and monitor (forecast) the departmental (both operations and support) cost budgets.
2. Cost accounting and pricing
Develop a cost pricing model for the costing and pricing of processes, services, products and customers based on a good understanding of the true cost drivers behind the various cost pools, in terms of their variable or fixed cost nature and direct versus indirect nature.
3. Financial closing & reporting
Support in safeguarding the reliable and timely financial closing and reporting (‘financial accounting’). This entails the reporting of the financial statements (balance sheet, profit & loss) both internally and externally (KLM Corporate Control) while adhering to strict deadlines.
4. Internal control and accounting procedures
Adherence to the accounting principles set by KLM N.V. Develop, implement and maintain financial procedures and internal controls in line with accounting principles and external guidelines.
5. Continuous improvement and innovation
Signal and act upon malfunctions in processes and procedures and propose improvements. Next to that, propose and implement innovations regarding the finance function such as new insights and improved visuals.
What you need for this position
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field. Having a master’s degree is a pre,
· At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience in a professional services and commercial environment, in a similar controlling- and finance position;
· Ability to work cross-functionally throughout the organization, serving as the primary financial contact if applicable;
· Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment;
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office. Expert in Excel and PowerPoint, with excellent knowledge of formulas, charts and pivot tables;
· Good written and spoken knowledge of English, Dutch proficiency is preferred;
· Good knowledge of financial forecasting and planning tooling as well as (financial) analysis tooling.
· Proficiency with financial software packages, including SAP
Where you will land
Cygnific is a proud daughter company of KLM. And we have sky-high ambitions ourselves as well: we want to become the most personal customer service team in the world. Our 1,500 high-flyers from 34 different countries contribute to this every day. In 11 different languages they offer 24/7 service with a smile to passengers and travel agencies via email, telephone, live chat, social media and WhatsApp. Not only in Amsterdam and Enschede; their wings are also spreading abroad, think of our offices in Wembley, Manila and recently Curaçao.
• A competitive salary between EUR3430 – EUR4200 gross per month based on 40 hours a week;
• A one-year contract with the prospect of permanent employment;
• Position for 32 to 40 hours a week;
• A challenging, innovative and international environment with great opportunities for you to explore;
• 25 vacation days based on full time employment, pension plan, travel allowance;
• A vibrant and multicultural office near the Westerpark in Amsterdam;
• A well-balanced and flexible hybrid working model;
• Start date: 1st of April.
Ready for your next destination?
Are you ready for building customer loyalty at the highest level? Apply using the button below and we will contact you soon!
Interested in learning more about the position? For questions you can email the recruiter: email@example.com.
*** Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated! ***