Network & Security Engineer
PURPOSE OF THE FUNCTION
Together with the ICT support team, the Network & Security specialist is responsible for the overall security and the continuity of the total ICT Infrastructure. In this role as the Network & Security specialist you guarantee the standard security framework Cygnific has adopted.
Overall organizational security policy and enforces that policy to protect the technical infrastructure from security threats or unauthorized access. The Network & Security Specialist also develops an architectural overview on network level, implements the agreed architecture and maintains the total network infrastructure.
Architecture Network & security
- Maintain & implement the network and security policy which complies to Cygnific’s standard.
- Develop supporting processes and procedures to safeguard the developed policies.
- Develop an overall network architecture in a framework which does allow Cygnific to operate independently but also together with the AF/KL group, and which supports third party business as well.
- Maintain the network and security policy and keep it up to date.
Maintain the processes and procedures in place to safeguard internal and external information security and PCI-DSS compliance status.
- Monitor the ICT infrastructure on network and security incidents and respond on violations from within and/or outside the domains.
- Advise on, install, maintain and troubleshoot a wide variety of network hardware.
- Implement, test and maintain fallback scenarios and back-up procedures on Cygnific’ s network infrastructure.
- Pro-actively monitor the active network components like switches, firewalls and routers.
- Keep documentation on operational procedures and network infrastructure up-to-date and distribute among all stakeholders.
- Maintain an overall internet protocol plan in line with 3rd parties.
- Take responsibility for physical cable management.
- Deliver network performance reports for business customers, systems management and telecoms group.
- Plan and execute all network related requested changes in time, take care of the necessary adjustment of documentation and ensure that all stakeholders are informed.
- Plan and manage the infrastructure configuration and capacity to ensure seamless operation in an always changing business environment.
- Keep up to date on new network technologies and advise on possible application within Cygnific.
- Maintaining the relationship with partners who provide us with services in the field of network & security
- Deliver 2nd and 3rd line support on troubleshooting incidents.
- If necessary, participate as a project manager or member in ICT related projects.
- Polytechnic think and work level (HBO/WO)
- 5+ years' experience as Network engineer
- 3+ years' experience working in a project-driven environment
- Experience with complex systems implementation projects
- Extensive knowledge of Information & Communication Technology
- Excellent knowledge of networking hardware and software
- Knowledge on monitoring tools
- Expert knowledge of Checkpoint and Cisco
- CCNA/CCNP certified
- Experience with Prince2, Agile, Lean Six Sigma is an advantage
- Knowledge on PCI-DSS, GDPR and ISO certification regulations
- Understanding of working on an ICT department in a commercial and service-oriented 24/7 environment
- Good knowledge of the English and Dutch language (both written and spoken)
- Providing direction
Sharing the vision and goals of the company and or department, making clear the roles and responsibilities of others in these goals and encouraging dedication, commitment and performance of others.
- Inspiring others
Arousing a strong desire to achieve goals, creating a positive attitude and stimulating others to take initiatives.
- Judgement & problem resolutions
Making sound and rational decisions based on consideration of all relevant information available.
Continuing to strive for a goal, even in the face of disappointments and setbacks.
- Communication skills
Communicating written and/or verbally in a clear, fluent, concise manner understood by others