This is the Privacy Statement for all candidates who apply for a position at Cygnific and take part in Cygnific’s recruitment process. The recruitment process starts at the moment you apply to a vacancy at Cygnific. The process ends at the moment either you are rejected or you sign an employment contract with Cygnific.
In this Privacy Statement we explain how Cygnific treats your personal data during the recruitment process.
Who we are
As soon as you submit a job application to Cygnific, Cygnific is responsible for processing your personal data that you entered on our website and for further handling of your application.
Cygnific (head office) is located at Molenwerf 22, 1014 BG in Amsterdam. We also have a branch located at Stationsplein 11C, 7511 JD in Enschede.
The Privacy Officer within Cygnific monitors compliance with the privacy regulations. You can send questions about the processing of your personal data to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about a vacancy to which you want to apply or have applied, you can contact the recruiter mentioned in the vacancy concerned.
Personal data that we collect
For your job application, Cygnific collects the following personal data:
- First name, surname, e-mail address, phone number
- Your resume, with the usual information it contains
- Your motivation
- If applicable, someone working at Cygnific who made you aware of the vacancy (referral)
So soon as we enter into an employment contract with you, we also collect the following information:
- Employee details: full name, employee number
- Private contact details: home address, e-mail address, phone numbers, social media links and addresses
- Marital status: your status, wedding date, name of spouse
- Copy of your ID document: type of ID, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, BSN number
- Work permit, if applicable
- Professional contact details: work mobile, work e-mail, work landline
- Photo of employee
- Contract data: historical start date, start and end of contract dates
- Contract details: duration; full time or part time; working hours and percentage of full time
- Function en department
- Salary, salary scale and your IBAN number
- Participation in persion fund
- Assessment report, if applicable
- KLM Security Screening
- Information related to a screening
- Cookies and technologies with which you and your devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets, access pass, etc) can be identified
How we collect your data
If you enter your personal data on our website, add your resume and click on the ‘Apply now’ button, we receive your application with your personal details.
If you apply through a temp or recruitment agency, we receive this data from them, as far as we need this for fulfilling the vacancy. The salary administration for Flexies is handled by the recruitment agency because you are employed by them. If you sign a Cygnific contract, then we handle your salary administration.
Personal data can also be collected during conversations with us, by checking your references and educational background, as well as through further written communication with you.
Information about you that’s available on social media may also be consulted by us.
For a few functions you will need to complete a competency test – the “KLM Experience”.
In other cases – only when it is required for the function – job applicants can be subjected to an assessment. In that case a psychologist or someone in charge of the assessment will be given only those personal details that are required for the assessment. The results of this test or assessment will be shared with and collected by us.
Before you start working for us, you will be screened by KLM Security. The outcome of this screening will be sent to us.
The website uses functional and analytical cookies that are necessary for the website to work properly. If you give permission in advance, we can make use of marketing and tracking cookies. These cookies, placed by third parties, can help us to show you personalised career information and vacancies.
The purposes for which we use your data and their legitimacy
During the recruitment process we collect your personal data:
- To determine if you would be a suitable employee for our organisation and to decide if we want to offer you an employment contract. This is our legitimate interest.
- Because we need this data for creating and executing an employment contract. The lawfulness of the processing is the execution of your contract as well as our legal requirements as an employer.
- Regarding cookies, because you gave us permission. This permission can be retracted at any time by disabling our marketing and tracking cookies.
Sharing or exchanging data with third parties
Cygnific can share your personal data with companies that help us in selecting candidates, in creating employment contracts and in executing those contracts. Cygnific will have a data processor agreement with these parties when necessary to ensure the security of your personal data. These parties need to take technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data.
The following parties assist us in the recruitment process:
- Maximum Alliances B.V. (Radancy), Capelle aan den IJssel
- Hire5, Rotterdam
- Right Management Nederland B.V., Diemen
- Harver B.V., Amsterdam
- Cegid Talentsoft, Rijswijk
- Recruitee B.V., Amsterdam
Before you start working for us, you will be screened. For this purpose, we share your personal data with KLM Security, as specified in the screening form. You are requested to hide unnecessary data.
International transfer of personal data
Your personal data will not be shared outside the European Union or the European Economic Area.
Security and Storage
We store your personal data as long as needed for achieving the purpose for which we collected your personal data in the first place.
We keep your job application for twelve months. If you are not hired, your personal information will be deleted thereafter. If you start working for us, your information will be stored in your personnel file.
Concerning the collection of your personal information, you have various rights:
- Right to view your personal information
- Right to edit and delete your personal information
- Right to restrict the collection of your personal information
- Right to object and automated decision making
To exercise your rights, you can send a request to the Privacy Officer: email@example.com. You can of course also contact HR and the recruiter involved.
You will receive an answer as quickly as possible, and at the latest within the legally required time.
Contact and questions
You can send questions and/or complaints about the collection of your personal information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also file a complaint at the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en/contact-dutch-dpa/contact-us
Updates of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 3 May 2023.
It is possible that some changes may occur that are not immediately reflected in the Privacy Statement.
1014 BG Amsterdam